Thursday, March 25, 2010

What Gives You the Right?

It's been quite a long time, but I'd like to get my weekly post commitment going again. To that end...

I was getting ready for bed last night and as I do each night I was coming to God in prayer with thanks for the day behind me and a list of requests for the day ahead. I took a moment to think about how I do approach the throne of God with my list of requests such as, please help me to focus on my work and get things done. I thought about the idea of supplication, humbly requesting or even begging a Holy and Awesome God to listen to your needs and wants. Suddenly another question struck me, "what gives you the right to even come to Him and beg? Why should the One who created of the universe in seven days care what you want to accomplish tomorrow?"

I knew that God did care, and had granted me that right, but for a moment I could think of no reason why He should.

Then I remembered every one's favorite Sunday school answer, "Jesus," more specifically my relationship with Jesus is what gives me the right and the privilege of being able to approach the throne of God and ask his blessings on my day. God, for some reason, loved us enough to give His son on a cross and thus destroy the barrier that kept us from reaching the Father.

It's important to remember not to take this sacrifice for granted for only by it are we capable of reaching out to the Throne of Grace.

I guess in a way this a bit of an early "Happy Easter" greeting.

God Bless,

Jonny

No comments:

Post a Comment